- This event has passed.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the recruitment has been postponed. Tentative date for reopening the vacancy is 8th May.
Vacancy: The Green European Foundation is currently looking for a full-time Project Coordinator.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on projects in all areas of GEF’s work. Projects are organised and implemented with the support of a variety of national and European partners from GEF’s network, and often built in a transnational setting.
- One-year contract starting in early April 2020
- Brussels-based position
- Available for for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals only *
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a Brussels-based European level political foundation funded by the European Parliament and affiliated to the European Green Party and Green Group in the European Parliament. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green network in Europe.
Our annual work programme focuses on three main areas:
- Study & Debate: we invest in research, debates and seminars on a variety of European topics, highlighting innovative Green approaches. The results are disseminated through both printed publications and online articles, raising awareness among citizens about Green solutions to the challenges Europe faces.
- Capacity-building: we promote political education and training and provide opportunities for building capacity amongst Green-minded stakeholders across Europe. Our aim is to enhance the ability of young activists and Green actors to work on issues with a European dimension.
- Networking: we act as a framework for cooperation between Green actors at the European level and encourage collaborations in a transnational manner.
- The coordination of GEF’s decentralised projects with national partners
- The coordination of projects organised in cooperation with other national or European (green) partners
- The implementation of other projects in line with the political priorities set by the GEF Board
For the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of all the steps and aspects of the project cycle, such as:
- Compliance with GEF’s project implementation rules
- Daily communications and coordination with GEF project partners
- Following of the GEF decentralised project cycle, and requesting regular updates from partners
- Ensuring the political relevance and quality of the projects, with advice from GEF management
- Monitoring the implementation of the project budget and reporting to relevant GEF staff
- Electronic and paper reporting of projects outputs (agendas of events, photos, participants lists, etc.)
- Dissemination of project outcomes and outputs, in coordination with GEF staff responsible for communications
- Regular contact with and coordination between the stakeholders (such as project partners, designers, printers, etc.)
- Organisation of events and meetings
Qualities and experience sought
- 2-5 years of experience in project implementation and coordination, ideally in a European/transnational setting or with a variety of stakeholders
- Full working proficiency in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset
- Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently
- Proactivity and sense of initiative
- Attention to details and organisational skills
- Good command of basic computer programmes (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures
- Interest for current Green issues and debates, and commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
- Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
- A full-time (38h/week) position for one year
- A salary defined by GEF’s salary scale, taking into account the category of function and prior experience of the candidates (from 2.560 EUR gross monthly for candidates with 2 years’ experience and up to 2.884 EUR with 12 years’ experience, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems)
- Other advantages such as flexible hours, extra holidays, teleworking possibilities, meal vouchers, training budget and full public transport reimbursement
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: Early April 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 March 2020, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
- The application must include a CV and a cover letter, outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title must mention the position applied for.
- The interviews and practical assignments for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the second half of March 2020. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
*This position is however not open for non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals as the salary level for such position is below the conditions attached to work permits for non-EU citizens.
Never miss career opportunities at GEF! Subscribe to our monthly newsletter.