- This event has passed.
Climate change and desertification are threatening our agriculture land! Are there any innovative proposals for saving the Mediterranean landscapes from further land abandonment and degradation from climate change?
About the Event
This third concluding online event aims to map the different aspects and initiatives on productive reforestation, agro-climatic zoning and multi-functional landscapes in Greece. Target groups are government officers, green-minded stakeholders, NGO’s, local-regional authorities and experts. There will be presentations on behalf of the speakers on various topics and a first attempt to derive comprehensive findings. These findings together with the first two events will be compiled in a booklet at the end of the project with concrete recommendations for the forestry sector.
This event is part of the Green European Foundations project Deforestation and Climate Change with the support of FREDA and the Green Institute Greece.
- Dr. Athanasios Kizos – Professor of Rural Geography, Department of Geography, University of the Aegean
- Dr. Ioannis Xatzigeorgiou – Asssistant Professor of Agricultural University of Athens
- Dr. Nikolaos Dalezios – Retired Professor of Agrometeorology – Remote Sensing, University of Thessaly
- Dr. Despina Paetaridou – Forester – Environmentalist, Department of Forest Nurseries, Forest Genetic Resources and Reforestation, Ministry of Environment & Energy
- Dr. Peristera Kourakli – Forester – Environmentalist, Coordinator of National Forest Strategy Working Group, Ministry of Environment & Energy
- Dr. Petros Kakouros – Forester – Environmentalist, Member of the Editorial Committee of the magazine “ECOTOPIA”
- Dr. Rigas Tsiakiris – Forest Ecologist, Scientific Committee of the Green Institute Greece
The webinar will be held through the ZOOM platform: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82743911031?pwd=S1BFUERBT1NkSXRxd0xOOG4yRGFiZz09
Meeting ID: 827 4391 1031
This event will be in Greek language
This webinar is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Green Institute Greece and with the financial support of the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this webinar.