- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is looking for a full time Finance Manager to join the team in Brussels.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to the European Green Party and active in political education projects on European issues. Our mission is to encourage citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. For more information on who we are, see www.gef.eu.
About the role
The GEF Finance Manager is a key role within the organisation, which works directly with the GEF Managing Director and the entire team to ensure a transparent implementation of the GEF budget, under national and European legislation. On top of this, the GEF Finance Manager is responsible for critically assessing the functioning of the office and, where needed, maintain high-level communication with our key suppliers. The role reports directly to the Managing Director and works with the entire GEF team. More specifically, you will:
• Ensure timely and accurate book-keeping and financial controlling
• Liaise with our external accountants
• Ensure financial records are kept up to date in the accountancy system (Admisol)
• Coordinate the GEF financial audits
• Check financial reports from GEF projects
• Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems
• Maintain records and receipts for all financial transactions
• Report monthly on the budget actual
• Maintain communication with GEF’s key suppliers (social secretariat, insurances, IT companies, building manager)
Qualities and experience sought
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or another relevant field
• A minimum of 5-7 years experience relevant for the role (in Brussels or elsewhere)
• Knowledge of general financial regulations and accounting processes
• Knowledge of book-keeping and financial controlling
• Experience with invoice processing and payment systems
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Fluency in English and French
• Computer literacy (Microsoft office package)
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to structure and prioritise work independently
• Service-oriented attitude, open to work with a variety of actors (team, project partners, office suppliers, etc.)
• Affinity with the values of our team: openness, solidarity, autonomy, respect, sustainability
Not a must, but good to have
• Knowledge of EU grants
• Experience working in a multicultural environment
• Experience working with non-profit organisations
• Affinity with political ecology
• Dutch language skills
• Experience using tools such as SharePoint
• Experience using Admisol or other accountancy platforms
What we offer
• A paid position and a permanent contract, with a salary starting at minimum 3649.63 EUR brutto
• Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium
• Paid mobile phone subscription
• 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers
• 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January
• Flexible working time and hybrid office
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
How to apply
Candidates are requested to submit a short cover letter and a CV, both comprised in a single PDF document by 17th April through this link. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities. Please include your name in the file name.
The first interviews will take place in our office in Brussels or online. Please note candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
For questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.