- This event has passed.
Faced with unprecedented impacts of climate crisis, our societies face an urgent need for adaptation and deep transformation. This task is extremely challenging as it requires quick collective action toward zero carbon society where nobody should be left behind. During this seminar, we will discuss possible steps to achieve this as we explore the idea of “Just Transition”.
About the event
This three-day seminar will serve as a place to discuss opportunities and limits of just transition and explore its transformative potential.
During the seminar, we will:
- provide a first approach to the concept of just transition,
- discuss the role of trade unions and workers,
- discuss the transfer from extractive to regenerative economy,
- explore just transition to a European and global level in solidarity,
- Link it to recovery plans and European Green deal,
- Explore opportunities for decent jobs,
- discuss specific conditions of just transition at European semi periphery
Also, we will dive much deeper into just transition in the transport sector, where we will learn and discuss under which conditions sustainable mobility can become an example of just transition policies.
We see this seminar as one milestone in a systemic approach to concepts and practices of just transition in this part of Europe, and an important milestone in establishing epistemic communities in this field.
This project is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of the Institute for Political Ecology in cooperation with the Heinrich Böll Foundation, Prague office, and the European Climate Initiative with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this event.