- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is looking for a Finances and Office Manager to join the team in Brussels as of August/September 2021.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and Green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu.
About the role
The GEF Finances and Office Manager is a key role within the organisation, which is working directly with the GEF Managing Director and the entire team to ensure a transparent implementation of the GEF budget, in accordance to national and European legislation. On top of this, the GEF Finances and Office Manager is responsible for keeping our office running smoothly and overseeing administrative support. The role reports directly to the Managing Director and works with the entire GEF team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Budget and grant management (70%)
- Oversee the GEF annual budget implementation.
- Prepare transactions and develop financial and auditing reports.
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date in the accountancy system (Admisol).
- Coordinate the GEF financial audits.
- Check financial reports from GEF projects.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Maintain records and receipts for all financial transactions.
Office management (20%)
- Manage contacts with suppliers, organise calls for tender.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed.
- Ensure a smooth running of the GEF office.
- Provide administrative support to the organisation.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of files and filing systems.
Administrative support (10%)
- Help coordinate schedules.
- Support the GEF management in the organisation of Board and General Assembly meetings.
- Minutes-taking from GEF statutory meetings.
- Distribute memos and reports.
What we are looking for
Required skills, knowledge, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of general financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Budget planning skills.
- Experience with invoice processing and payment systems.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft office package)
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to structure and prioritise work independently.
- Service-oriented attitude, open to work with a variety of actors (team, project partners, office suppliers, etc.)
- Affinity with the values of our team: openness, solidarity, autonomy, respect, sustainability.
Desired skills, knowledge, and attitudes:
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working with non-profit organisations.
- Affinity with political ecology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Dutch language skills.
- Experience using tools such as SharePoint.
- Experience using Admisol or other accountancy platforms.
What we offer
- A paid position and a permanent contract, salary starting from EUR 3507.92 brutto, depending on experience.
- Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium.
- Paid mobile phone subscription.
- 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers.
- 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January.
- Flexible working time and hybrid office.
- An open, positive, and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
GEF is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity, and inclusion; all qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, and minority status.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name in the document name, to this link. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities Deadline: 11th July 2021 18h CET.
Interviews will take place on 19 or 21 July 2021 online. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.