- This event has passed.
Evaluating the Plan for Adaptation to Climate Change in Western Greece ( Patras)
Join us as we evaluate how European policies are transferred from the National to the Regional level following the case of the Western Greece Region (Prefectures Aetoloakarnania, Ahaia, Ilia).
About the event
This seminar will mobilise the local society and the Regional Authorities, and inform rural and civil associations, regional representatives, students, municipalities and policy makers to discuss the existing Plan for Adaptation to Climate Change in Western Greece. The aim of the seminar will be to assess which policies need improvement and to consider the best ways to reach civil society. Very few people are aware of this Plan as it is, and one of the purposes of this event is to make it more visible.
Local stakeholders should be the best actors in the efforts to adapt to Climatic Change, for that reason it is important to raise awareness among EU, National administration, Regional authorities, actors and stakeholders about to the context planned and the actions needed to successfully adapt to Climate Change. With this project, GEF with the support of Green Institute Greece seeks to bring together academics, activists, and policymakers to engage local stakeholders on climate change prevention, mitigation, and restoration.
- Ilias Gianniris, President of the Green Institute, “Some Conclusions from the three previous Green Institute evenings on Regional Plans”.
- Rigas Tsiakiris, forester, “Findings – inputs for the drafting of a PESPKA. The role of forestry and especially agroforestry and the European dimensions of the protection of wild flora and fauna”.
- Stavros Solomos, Researcher C, Atmospheric Physics and Climatology Research Center of the Academy of Athens, “Assessment of Expected Climate Changes in Western Greece”.
- Antonis Sakalis, Environmentalist MSc, Researcher ENVIROPLAN A.E., “Adaptation to Climate Change in the Region of Western Greece – The Regional Plan as a road map for the implementation of measures and actions”.
- Kostas Papakonstantinou, Regional Councilor of Western Greece, “Combining adaptation to Climate Change with the need for Civil Protection in Western Greece”.
- Vassilis Aivalis, President of Technical Chamber of Western Greece “Adaptation of Municipalities to Climate Change and the value of building within an urban fabric”.
- Ecological Movement of Patras, “Planning with a positive perspective on the environment – From the level of the Region to the local level”.
Date and Time: February 1, 5:30 pm
Location: TEE Hall of Western Greece, Trion Navarchon 40, Patras, Greece
Registration: Participation is free. Registrations will occur at the venue.
This seminar is organised by the Green European Foundation, with the support of The Green Greek Institute, the Ecological Movement of Patras (NGO) and the Ecological Western Greece and the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.