- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is looking for a Strategy Manager to join the team in Brussels as of August/September 2021. This is a 1-year contract with possibility of prolongation.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and Green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned professional to help shape our organisation’s long-term and short-term strategy and develop initiatives that realise our objectives. The strategy manager will be tasked with assessing political trends in Europe, the state-of-play within GEF’s network, as well as the space GEF can and should occupy as a green political foundation on a European level. An important part of the role is centred around the implementation of initiatives and projects which directly respond to GEF’s and its partners’ vision and needs.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Content curation and narrative development (30%)
- The strategy manager coordinates directly with other members of the team by feeding the GEF strategy development with their observations and findings from the network, and by performing desk research and analysis of the political trends in Europe
- Contribution to GEF’s strategic goals on forward-looking ideas and debates development, following-up on the initiatives to strengthen GEF’s intellectual profile.
- Development of synergies between GEF projects, including with the Green European Journal to ensure and increase the quality and impact of the work programme, and give visibility to cross-cutting concepts, ideas and themes in line with the GEF strategy.
Management of European-wide projects (50%)
The Strategy Manager will conceptualise, develop and implement European projects of key importance to the Green European Foundation, in partnership with a variety of green stakeholders.
- Conceptualisation, development, implementation, reporting and evaluation of the projects that are not strictly falling under GEF’s other categories of projects (i.e. decentralised projects, capacity-building and GEJ) but are mobilising a variety of actors to achieve cross-cutting and long-term strategic objectives.
Network coordination and development (20%)
The Strategy Manager maintains and strengthens GEF’s relations with existing and new partners.
- Liaison with the actors of the European Green Family (Green Group in the European Parliament, the European Green Party, Federation of Young European Greens and Heinrich Boell Foundation) at the operational level, ensuring smooth flow of information to improve mutual support, cooperation and implementation of common projects.
- Identification, follow-up and research on opportunities for GEF to expand its network and collaborate with new (type of) stakeholders and in new countries.
- Development and implementation of the instruments and opportunities for network support and facilitation (such as open spaces, translations, implementation of the peer-to-peer programme) in coordination and with the support of other team members.
- Monitoring of political situation, needs and challenges from GEF’s existing partners to ensure the adequacy of GEF’s support and adapt it accordingly.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Political awareness and qualitative research skills
- People management and leadership competencies
- Diplomatic communications and negotiation skills
- Creative thinking
- Proficiency in English (other European languages are an advantage)
- Knowledge of European green politics
- Proven interest in political ecology
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
What we offer
- A 1-year contract with a possibility of prolongation, with a salary starting from EUR 3507.92 brutto, depending on experience.
- Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium.
- Paid mobile phone subscription.
- 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers.
- 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January.
- Flexible working time and hybrid office.
- An open, positive, and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
GEF is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity, and inclusion; all qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, and minority status.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name in the document name, to this link. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities Deadline: 7th July 2021 18h CET.
Interviews will take place on 19 or 21 July 2021 online. For questions, please contact email@example.com.